Wednesday 28 March 2012

We've never had to worry about weight...until now!

I've spent a bit of time reading forums regarding weight/overloading/GVM of vehicles. After googling, I have just read that the Jackaroo has a payload of only 475kg. I'm pretty sure I understand that to be the weight we add to the car. I guess it's lucky the kids are little and we're taking the dog, otherwise the potential for overloading would be huge! As it is, there's around 160kg of humans and 45kg of dog leaving around 270kg max for us to put in/on the car. The roof racks and Prorack basket would add a significant amount to that as well as the awning (of course, there are no weight figures listed for these). I want to take the pushy...16kg, we will need the pusher and buggyboard...10kg, kids car seats...20kg.  Fortunately we had already planned only light stuff for the roof basket....

We will definitely have to be careful of how we load both the car and the trailer. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any public weigh bridges close by for us to be able to weigh before we set off.

Lil :)


No comments:

Post a Comment