Sunday 1 April 2012

Crazy busy and pretty successful weekend!

It has been my job to try to sell as much as possible before we leave, so I made the decision to hold a garage sale. Last week I also came across an advertisement for a car boot sale in town and decided that would be a good way to sell some things with higher exposure and advertise the garage sale for the next day. How wrong I was!! The market was an absolute flop!! I think I sold more than anyone else there and I made just under $50! I took quality items to try to encourage people to come the next day to the garage sale as well...I think that plan worked well, as I saw a few of the same faces.

Roll on Sunday and I opened the gates to a couple of people waiting...I was feeling pretty positive (one of Jay's frequent comments to/about me is that I'm ever the optimist!). Jay took Hamish to fit a storage system in the back of the car, while Matilda, Boo and I tried our hand at sales. There were several garage sales on yesterday, but I think we were the only one near us on today. I think that worked in our favour as we had a pretty constant stream of people until around 11:30. Quite a few items sold and I met some more lovely people...I'm going to miss living around here!

There is still a lot of clothing and toys left...things I thought would sell well, but didn't. All is not lost, though, as I think I'll try for one last ditch effort on our last weekend in Melbourne. I'm thinking that combining our stuff with some from mum and maybe my sister may work out really well for us! Anything that doesn't sell will be taken away by a charity afterwards. Fortunately, much of the work I've done with pricing and sorting can be easily transferred straight over to mum's, so it shouldn't be quite so much of a head cave!!

Lil :)

No comments:

Post a Comment